1. Post on social media. While this may seem obvious, there are so many different routes to take on the internet. There are always sites such as craigslist.com or apartments.com as well as phone apps such as Trulia and Renters. Take advantage of these, they are often the first place a client will look. While Talley Properties does reach a large client base, it can't hurt to also post elsewhere.
2. Don't Wait! One problem many renters have is that they wait until the previous tenant has moved out to begin their search for a new one. Although it is more difficult showing an apartment with someone living in it, if you and the current renter can come to an agreement, it will minimize the down time in your space so there isn't a large lapse in income from the rental property.
3. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. Much like the old saying about location, pictures are now all important as well. As you have seen, Talley Properties use pictures galore to help sell different properties to those looking. Many renters will refuse to call about a location if pictures are not provided, as it sends up a red flag to many that either the apartment is undesirable or the landlord does not care. It is incredibly simple now to upload pictures to different websites, so take a couple of extra minutes (after cleaning) to take some flattering pictures of your location.
4. Act as if you are selling- because you are! Although you aren't selling this property permanently, you are in a way temporarily selling a location off when you rent it. Sell both the lease and yourself as if you are selling a full house, although go easy on scents in the location as many people do have allergies. Vanilla used to be a favorite of realtors, but you don't want your perspective client having an asthma attack.
5. Give a little, get a little- or a lot. One last thing you can do is write into your renters agreement some incentive. Perhaps if your client pays on time for three quarters of the lease, they get $100 off the next month. It will show that you care about more than just their money and make them feel as if it is a truly mutually beneficial agreement.
In the end, there are many ways to rent out property for pennies, especially in the Charlotte NC area. Find what works best for you and your location, but keep these tips in mind. They certainly couldn't hurt to try!